Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What happened to my files?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    What happened to my files?

    Howdy:
    Went through the procedure to setup a persistent home directory, got no error messages, it said that it did successfully. Then I rebooted with myconf=scan and home=scan. It appeared to find my home directory on hdb2 where I put it. Then I did some work, created some files in my home directory. Then when I rebooted, using the same parameters as before, all of my files are gone. Just where is that persistent home directory?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    missing files

    Well, I found the answer and I don't like it. It seems that you can't specify the same physical device for the location of the persistent home directory and for the location of the partition to use when running from hd. I had:

    tohd=/dev/hdb2 and
    home=/dev/hdb2.

    When I changed to

    home=/dev/hda1 it worked. There was never a warning or error message when setting these up.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.9 What Happened to USB detection??
    By ricardomardi in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:15 PM
  2. Dvdshrink - what happened to it
    By RayB in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
  3. What happened to the Docs page? eom
    By RoadKill in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
  4. What happened to reiserfs???
    By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 10:55 PM
  5. what happened too freeciv?
    By evirus in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA picture

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA

$196.99



JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU picture

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU

$6998.00



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99