-
Senior Member
registered user
What happened to my files?
Howdy:
Went through the procedure to setup a persistent home directory, got no error messages, it said that it did successfully. Then I rebooted with myconf=scan and home=scan. It appeared to find my home directory on hdb2 where I put it. Then I did some work, created some files in my home directory. Then when I rebooted, using the same parameters as before, all of my files are gone. Just where is that persistent home directory?
-
Senior Member
registered user
missing files
Well, I found the answer and I don't like it. It seems that you can't specify the same physical device for the location of the persistent home directory and for the location of the partition to use when running from hd. I had:
tohd=/dev/hdb2 and
home=/dev/hdb2.
When I changed to
home=/dev/hda1 it worked. There was never a warning or error message when setting these up.
Similar Threads
-
By ricardomardi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:15 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 10:23 PM
-
By RoadKill in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 10:55 PM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99