-
Senior Member
registered user
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New Knoppix Live-Installer Beta Test
Hi,
long time no see from me.
Well I was busy with university and writing some Articles for the german magazine "Linux Intern" ... about Knoppix of course ... 
But lately I found some time and spent it to finish an idea I had long in my head:
The Knoppix Live-Installer, its like with the flash-plugin but also for sim, gkrellm (!), tuxracer, tuxkart, sim and everything of course with a nice gui.
No yet tested enough is:
nvidia and nvnet drivers ...
Well I don't have nvidia, and last time I tested it, it worked, but you never know
.
New is in spite to Kano's really nice scripts that I use apt for fetching programs like tuxracer ...
Well that has also an disadvantage, because fetching the debian-sources can take some time ... :-/
Of course everything can be saved with an persistent home or with saveconfig!
Why long talk, test it:
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/live_...nst-0.2.tar.gz
Instructions:
Unpack it, cd to dir, start it!
tar xzf knx-live-inst-0.2.tar.gz
cd knx-live-inst-0.2
./knx-live-inst.sh
And especially for toast I included an f-prot gui
).
Its also seperately available at:
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/f-prot/f-prot_gui.tar.gz
I hope you like it, and when we found all bugs we can hoepfully include it soon! 
cu
Fabian
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 04:19 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 17
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 03:33 PM
-
By eadz in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 04:07 PM
-
By aay in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum News
Replies: 53
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$565.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4110 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$550.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell Precision Tower 5810 Xeon E5-1630 v3 3.7GHz NO RAM RAM 500GB HDD PARTS
$120.00

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$225.00