-
Junior Member
registered user
backing everything up
I've got one machine running Knoppix on the hard drive that I need to replace with something else for a project I'm about to work on.
If I just make a backup copy of my home directory, will that be adequate to back up my GPG keys, Kmail messages, etc.?
I'm completely unconcerned about losing installed programs, but don't want to find myself unable to recover the data, keys, etc.
It's only a single-user desktop system.
-
How much space are you working with? you can back all your junk up on a seperate partition if you have enough space.
If I just make a backup copy of my home directory, will that be adequate to back up my GPG keys, Kmail messages, etc.?
Yes, you also may want to back up /var as well.
I'm completely unconcerned about losing installed programs, but don't want to find myself unable to recover the data, keys, etc.
You can backup /usr for your programs, and /etc for your global settings.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By Maverick977 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 03:48 AM
-
By Flash00 in forum Ideas
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:34 AM
-
By mwer in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:13 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 01:44 PM
-
By guardianx in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00