Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Mounting CD Burner

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    Mounting CD Burner

    Hello,
    I', conciderably new to using Knoppix, ok linux for that matter, but my dad said this was a good way to learn so I'm here. Anyway's, the other day I had Knoppix 3.2 running and I went to burn some stuff from my HD to CD, and I realised I didnt know how to Mount the CD Burner. So, how do you do it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well if you have only one cdrom and you use it too boot Knoppix then I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you get the newer verison w/ the 'toram' cheat code. BTW- it is impossible to mount a cdburner but you can mount a file system that's located inside the cdrom drive. It is however unnecessary and impossible to mount a blank cd. Why? No filesystem to mount. Anyway, if you want to mount a drive you just do this:

    mount /dev/? /mnt/?

    That is to say "mount /dev/(whatever) to mount point /mnt/(whatever)

    OK ok something a little more sensible:

    mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Oh ok, well I have a seperate burner, so thats not an issue. But then how do I burn a CD with Knoppix?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG2
    Oh ok, well I have a seperate burner, so thats not an issue. But then how do I burn a CD with Knoppix?
    Look for K3b in the system menu IIRC it is pretty straight forward and easy to use.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG2
    Oh ok, well I have a seperate burner, so thats not an issue. But then how do I burn a CD with Knoppix?
    To burn an .iso you can use cdrecord like so:

    cdrecord -scanbus
    Cdrecord 2.01a16 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Jörg Schilling
    Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
    scsibus0:
    0,0,0 0) '_NEC ' 'DVD+RW ND-1100A ' '1.A0' Removable CD-ROM

    OK so now I know that my drive is 0,0,0 on the SCSI bus, So..
    cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 Knoppix.iso

    and that's it!

Similar Threads

  1. K3B - Can't find CD Burner
    By delamatrix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
  2. K3B CD burner
    By Chuckbaker in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:48 PM
  3. Use CD burner over the network
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:39 AM
  4. External USB CD Burner
    By sdexpn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 10:04 PM
  5. CD-Burner
    By ferreter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 02:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller picture

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller

$68.99