-
Average European Vacation length?
I have a feeling that I am really stretching the "anything goes" policy of the lounge. :P
I live in the US and am witting a paper on a topic where it would be most helpful to know the average vacation time in Europe. Now I know that is a sweeping question but can you please give me a mere generalization?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Most people in the UK take 2 weeks in the summer, maybe a week at Christmas. Maybe 28 days in total.
I don't think you'll find a common figure for Europe as a whole: Italians get many more state holidays, work shorter hours as a rule and seem to get more done!
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've no problem with you asking the question, but what sort of citation are you going to give in order to validate whatever oppinions are expressed here? Somehow I don't see the Knoppix.net web forum as being very authoritative on this issue...at least in the realm of bibliographic refrences.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings Duffin444,
Well as long as you are using and learning
KNOPPIX and type you report with an OpenSource
wordprocessors--here is some help.
1) Learn to use google.com
vacation international comparison
pick
http://www.aft.org/research/reports/interntl/sba.htm
2) When you open the URL use a search for the word "vacation".
This will give you the vacation teachers get from various countries.
Be sure to cite the source at the bottom of the table.
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
It was just a question to base a general observation. It need not be an actual source. And it was not quoted in any fashion. I really appreciate the response.
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Average European Vacation length?

Originally Posted by
Duffin444
I have a feeling that I am really stretching the "anything goes" policy of the lounge. :P
Not at all, thats what it's designed for.. in fact there are probally too many knoppix related questions here that should be in the support forum.
-
Junior Member
registered user
numbers for Belgium
I saw there were no stats on Belgium. (Belgium was noted, but sometimes no numbers were mentioned) Well, we have July and August, the two months summer vacation. Beside the summer vacation, there are 6 other weeks vacation.
Good luck with your work.
Erik
Belgium
-
Europe varies from countries to countries I'll give precise stats for France :
Minimum legal : 5 week a year
With the 35 hours law, a most of people have 2 or 3 week more with RTT (but sometime you cannot take your RTT all in a row like vacation).
Everyboy seem to know somebody that have 12 week of vacation.
Hope this give you a general idea
But I think France is little above the average, and UK a little under.
-
UK Holidays
I can only answer your question from experience:
Minimum: 2 weeks (very few people have this little)
Normal: 3-4 weeks (appears average)
High: 5-6 weeks (some profesionals and enlightend companies
as well as long service leave)
Contractor 4 - 52 weeks (there is very little IT contract work around)
On top we have bank holidays:
New Year, Good Friday, Easter Monday, 2 x May, 1 x August, Christmas & Boxing Day
Nick
Similar Threads
-
By nishtya in forum The Lounge
Replies: 16
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By hdd_messed in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 09:38 AM
-
By warawara in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By e1000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Precision 7560 i7-11850H 2.5GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 15.6" T1200 No OS: Fair
$459.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45