I can see how this could be really good news for sysadmins, and it would be very attractive for corporate environments. If you're running a small business, the last thing you need is for MS or SBA or RIAA to come in and bust your chops for violating DMCA or copyright law because some $7/hour punk script-kiddie wannabe has been using your network to go to KaZAA and warez sites. They can put you out of business in a hurry, and then issue press releases as warnings to others. I'd sure want that capability at my company if it were available. Plus, I'm pretty sure that it would eliminate a lot of support calls, which could otherwise result from some secretary's cute little BonziBuddy sucking up all of her RAM.

OTOH, as an individual/hobbyist, all I have to do is not buy that technology. There will be unencumbered alternatives for as long as there are custumers to buy them. Worst case scenario would be that the stuff they sell at BestBuy, CompUSA, etc. will have the new BIOS, and folks like us will either have to build our own or go to less mainstream outlets to avoid it, which is pretty much what we typically do anyway.