I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to leave the boot floppy in the floppy drive and have the config read off the CD-ROM. There should be a command...
Any possibility of burning the configurations to a CD rom and getting knoppix to read from the CD Rom rather than the floppy when the contents of the knoppix CD is copied to the hard disk?
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to leave the boot floppy in the floppy drive and have the config read off the CD-ROM. There should be a command...
you can save your configuration permanantly this way:
- save your configuration to the floppy (llike using floppyconfig)
- copy the contents of the floppy into the KNOPPIX directory on the cdrom (-> reburn it) or HD
-> The system will be configured automatically !
![]()
If you put the config files in the Knoppix directory on the HD, what do you type at the boot prompt at startup? Or, does it just find the config files when loading off the hard drive??
The config files are automatically found in the KNOPPIX dir, so you don`t have to type in anything. Depending on your installation, this KNOPPIX dir may be on the CD or HD. To work from HD, just copy the KNOPPIX directory onto a partition and boot from floppy.
Thanks for the reply, Robk. I'll put the config floppy's files in the Knoppix directory on the HD tonight.
Works perfectly! I just copied the floppyconfig files to the Knoppix directory on the hard drive and it works. I love Knoppix!

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage (1979) Sanyo VM-4209 ‘Videoscope’ Monitor - Working
$325.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$599.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00
Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS
$50.00
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59