Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Multimedia-Keyboards with HOTKEYS during startup?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5

    Multimedia-Keyboards with HOTKEYS during startup?

    Hello,

    I want to use my Multimedia-Keyboard with Knoppix HDInstallt (3.3).

    I got hotkeys (apt-get install hotkeys). Works properly, when I start it manualy.

    I googled for doing it during the bootup/startx .... 'hotkeys -t [keybdef]'
    But I realy have no clue, where I have to write the launch-command to.

    xsessions, rc5.d ....?

    thx

    Stefan

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Multimedia-Keyboards with HOTKEYS during startup?

    Quote Originally Posted by stefan741
    Hello,

    I want to use my Multimedia-Keyboard with Knoppix HDInstallt (3.3).

    I got hotkeys (apt-get install hotkeys). Works properly, when I start it manualy.

    I googled for doing it during the bootup/startx .... 'hotkeys -t [keybdef]'
    But I realy have no clue, where I have to write the launch-command to.

    xsessions, rc5.d ....?

    thx

    Stefan
    I would normally put a command like that in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh at the bottom of the file.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5

    Re: Multimedia-Keyboards with HOTKEYS during startup?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    I would normally put a command like that in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh at the bottom of the file.
    Yea, but, as far as I see it, bootmisc.sh is not only for shell-startup?

    But hotkeys needs to be started under X.

    So, I made mada file called ~/.Xsession
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    exec hotkeys -t aspire1300
    and in the Xsessions.options is

    Code:
    allow-user-xsession
    but, still it doesn't work

Similar Threads

  1. Making Knoppix 3.3 recognize USB Keyboards
    By Phuzion in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:11 AM
  2. Booting from USB-Key or Multimedia card
    By tommydl in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 01:33 PM
  3. hotkeys?
    By dichotomy in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:23 AM
  4. Multimedia tips.
    By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 11:35 AM
  5. damnsmall, need help w/USB keyboards
    By John in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$144.98



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00