-
Reinstall from scratch?
I installed the Nov 3 Knoppix, then did a hd install, and all was well.
But, I started adding packages with apt-get and managed to screw things up.
Everything on my system is now the 'unstable' version and it IS unstable!
Or at least, many things crash, and most importantly, I have no sound..
(it WAS working great at first)
So my question is: what's the simplest way to get back to an earlier state?
I've poked around the debian sites, and most people say
"there is no easy way to downgrade". One suggested a preferences
file with a priority of 1001, but that still did nothing!
Would it be wise to reinstall from knoppix? will it install over
a "newer" debian?
The system itself seems to be confused about what version
it's actually using. My apt.conf says "testing", yet everything is unstable
(except php4 which is stable !?!),
However, when I try to build from source, the
dependencies indicate that I'll be getting a woody version!
And then build-deps says " broken deps, do a -f install",
but that finds nothing to do.
Do I sound confused? well, I am!
I have separate partitions for /, /usr, and others..
Shall I just wipe them and boot from the cd to start all over again?
thanks,
- John
Similar Threads
-
By spfitz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 12:15 PM
-
By Mengha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
-
By Tomster in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 12:56 AM
-
By ravindra in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts
$381.38

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00