Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27

    1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

    Hi, I have a laptop that has a 17'' widescreen, and in windows I use 1440x900 pixels to get a good view. But 1024x768 in linux is ok but I still its too big. Is there any way to get 1440x900.

    Thank you all very much for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: 1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    Hi, I have a laptop that has a 17'' widescreen, and in windows I use 1440x900 pixels to get a good view. But 1024x768 in linux is ok but I still its too big. Is there any way to get 1440x900.

    Thank you all very much for your help.
    Try using the screen=1440x900 cheat code at the boot: prompt eg. knoppix screen=1440x900 other_cheat_codes .... You may want to try at the prompt the framebuffer also with fb1440x900 other_cheat_codes ....

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    tryed that, screen is out of proportion and cant see k menu bar. because it is too far down.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    tryed that, screen is out of proportion and cant see k menu bar. because it is too far down.
    Have you made sure that you are using the vsync= and hsync= values that are correct for the screen?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    I don't know what the h and v sync values are. How do I find out. Is there a way to find out what they are in windows and apply that in linux. As my screen res. in windows is just perfect, would be nice to have that in knoppix too.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    I don't know what the h and v sync values are. How do I find out. Is there a way to find out what they are in windows and apply that in linux. As my screen res. in windows is just perfect, would be nice to have that in knoppix too.
    They are usually in the manual that came with the monitor or alternately a quick google search pretty much always turns up a few pages any time I have needed them. I believe if you right click on the desktop in windows you will get a configuration screen for the display settings you may be able to get some useful information there.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    Hi, I couldn't find the h or v sync values

    I know the refresh rate should be 60 hz.

    Does any one know what h and v sync values I should use for my 17'' widescreen monitor. Windows res is 1440x900. which is what I would like in knoppix.

    Thanks in advance, all.

  8. #8

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 01:23 AM
  2. Getting the monitor in the right resolution
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
  3. cant change resolution on my laptop
    By nuteThug in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:11 PM
  4. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
  5. monitor resolution?
    By new dumbie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512

$65.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00