-
adding users after hdinstall causes mouse to freeze
this has happened before when i tried to addusers. one time kusers crashed on me as I tried to have it save changes.
one common problem is after adding users and logging out the mouse cursor is frozen. also after all boots the mouse cursor is frozen at login ( kdm i think )
any ideas?
-
Problem resolved- added users without problems in kdm and X
I reinstalled knoppix on my laptop this morning. This time when presented with login screen KDM, I chose "console login" ( console login is an option under a menu at bottom of kdm login )
I then logged in as root on f1 (terminal 1)
#adduser newuser
answer prompts, when done I rebooted.
The new users showed up on kdm and I no longer have any problems with X, mouse or KDM.
I have no idea why adding users in X caused problems with KDM. Though now anytime I install knoppix I will just add users via adduser at CLI
Hope this may help someone in the future, better yet, I hope no one else had my problems with adding users causing KDM mouser cursor freezing 
Peace,
Suley
Similar Threads
-
By drasey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By soulsurfer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
-
By edfinegan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
-
By Juzam in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 11:41 AM
-
By john.morris in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Apple II V2 ANALOG VGA & Z80 PCPI Applicard Softcard PicoPal IIe
$56.99