-
Problem resolved- added users without problems in kdm and X
I reinstalled knoppix on my laptop this morning. This time when presented with login screen KDM, I chose "console login" ( console login is an option under a menu at bottom of kdm login )
I then logged in as root on f1 (terminal 1)
#adduser newuser
answer prompts, when done I rebooted.
The new users showed up on kdm and I no longer have any problems with X, mouse or KDM.
I have no idea why adding users in X caused problems with KDM. Though now anytime I install knoppix I will just add users via adduser at CLI
Hope this may help someone in the future, better yet, I hope no one else had my problems with adding users causing KDM mouser cursor freezing 
Peace,
Suley
Similar Threads
-
By drasey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By soulsurfer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
-
By edfinegan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
-
By Juzam in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 11:41 AM
-
By john.morris in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00