use <Insert> <Special character>. Then select a font with chinese "letters" (f.e. Fangsong TI) and search the desired character.
This is only useful if You need not so much chinese text.
I didn't see a chinese keyboard layout in knoppix.
Can somebody guide me through on how to enter Chinese characters in OpenOffice?
I am using KNOPPIX and OO1.1.
use <Insert> <Special character>. Then select a font with chinese "letters" (f.e. Fangsong TI) and search the desired character.
This is only useful if You need not so much chinese text.
I didn't see a chinese keyboard layout in knoppix.
There is a Chinese version of Knoppix available here:
ftp://cle.linux.org.tw/pub/KNOPPIX/bv1al/
Thanks knixkw but where is the <special character> key?
Do I have to do some configuration before that?
Open Office 1.1 has a menu <insert>. In this menu select the item <special character>.
Don't linux have something where I could input like in Windows (type in han yu pin yin)?

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00