Thanx for the input, Stephen.
However, the reinstall on that one PC (the only one I had a problem on out of 25 PCs in the lab) fixed the problem. I think that something was wrong with the CD I used to install that PC. I always check the md5sum when I download a new iso and I always run knoppix testcd after I burn it. I did not get errors on this CD, but it sounded funny and seemed to have a slower access rate than usual when I was doing that installation.
I think the problem is the new CD-R burner that I used that burned the CDs at a higher but erratic rate than my other burners when I used cdrecord.
What's strnage is that I had no other install problems and I used this CD on 5 other PCs. You see, when I burn a new ISO, I usually make 5 copies: 1 for home and 4 for the lab. My lab is broken up into 6 islands of 4 PCs each (plus the server which I did not reinstall and is still running knoppix-installer as debian 20030924). I only reinstall 4 PCs at a time (one period during the school day). This way I reinstall 4-8 PCs a day and the whole lab 3-6 school days. So I had used these 4 CDs on 5 other islands before without a problem. This problem surfaced on the first PC of the sixth island. This is very strange, I never had a problem like this before....
Regards,

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00