-
Junior Member
registered user
can't I just set the resolution in KDE and It'll change it when it runs? Because I don't care about how big the boot text is
Oh, and I realised the loggin in as root thing last night, my mistake to not try that.
One other question: Is it worth logging into a personal account or should I just always log in as root. Since I am the only main user of the computer, you know. I noticed the root account doesn't have the hard drive icons on the desktop as the personal account does (by default any way). Until then I'm logging into my personal account 
EDIT: and about the undefined video mode, I'm reinstalling linux through the knoppix-installer script. I think it just takes your cheatcode settings from when you boot knoppix and puts them in the lilo config automatically. So I used vga=normal this time and it should work.
Similar Threads
-
By kq9j in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
-
By 5thelephant in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
-
By ozlad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:34 PM
-
By digiSal in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 08:34 PM
-
By jhtvdv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power
$129.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$129.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29