-
Senior Member
registered user
Colors 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024 1600x1200
------------------------------------------------------
256 | 769 771 773 775 796
32,768 | 784 787 790 793 797
65,536 | 785 788 791 794 798
16.8M | 786 789 792 795 799
OK, I changed vga=791 to vga=normal in lilo on my knoppix-installed as debian box. This got rid of the boot errors. My Dell Optiplex GX270 has the onboard intel video chip (i810). When in WIMxP, I can get 16bit (65536 colors) and 24bit (16.8 million colors) color depth at 800x600 and 1024x768 resolution. These are the only video modes available on this chip.
So, in lilo:
I tried vga=788 for 800x600x16, no joy;
I tried vga=791 for 1024x768x16, no joy;
I tried vga=789 for 800x600x24, no joy;
I tried vga=792 for 1024x768x24, no joy.
In every case I get the video boot errors back and kcontrol reports only 640x480x8. The res is low, but it looks better than 640x480 (maybe 800x600). How do I get 1024x768??
BTW, I got my res to work off the liveCD with the following cheat: vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By kq9j in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
-
By 5thelephant in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
-
By ozlad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:34 PM
-
By digiSal in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 08:34 PM
-
By jhtvdv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99