-
NEWBIE Question: Telnet issue
When I telnet to another host the user id "knoppix" is already entered. How/where can I turn this off?? Thanks for any help!!
-
Junior Member
registered user
$ telnet --help
telnet: invalid option -- -
Usage: telnet [-4] [-6] [-8] [-E] [-K] [-L] [-X atype] [-a] [-d] [-e char]
[-l user] [-n tracefile] [-r]
[-z ssl] [-z secure] [-z debug] [-z verify=int]
[-z cert=file] [-z key=file]
[host-name [port]]
You pretty much want to run `telnet -l my_desired_username hostname`
where my_desired_username should be obvious, and hostname is whatever you're already typing in as the server name.
P.S. And yes, I know that --help was not a valid option, but it got the answer
. I'd really recommend reading the man page
.
-
Thanks for the response but I'd like to configure it in such a way were I don't have to pass a parameter to telnet. This is also not an alias and I was wondering where telnet get the $USER value.
Similar Threads
-
By yoda54 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 01:22 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By JMichael in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 08:01 PM
-
By linuxfool in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 AM
-
By way2late in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99