When I telnet to another host the user id "knoppix" is already entered. How/where can I turn this off?? Thanks for any help!!
When I telnet to another host the user id "knoppix" is already entered. How/where can I turn this off?? Thanks for any help!!
$ telnet --help
telnet: invalid option -- -
Usage: telnet [-4] [-6] [-8] [-E] [-K] [-L] [-X atype] [-a] [-d] [-e char]
[-l user] [-n tracefile] [-r]
[-z ssl] [-z secure] [-z debug] [-z verify=int]
[-z cert=file] [-z key=file]
[host-name [port]]
You pretty much want to run `telnet -l my_desired_username hostname`
where my_desired_username should be obvious, and hostname is whatever you're already typing in as the server name.
P.S. And yes, I know that --help was not a valid option, but it got the answer. I'd really recommend reading the man page
.
Thanks for the response but I'd like to configure it in such a way were I don't have to pass a parameter to telnet. This is also not an alias and I was wondering where telnet get the $USER value.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
256GB SATA III 2.5" SSD Solid State Drive - High-Speed Storage Upgrade
$75.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99