Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: windows key

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51

    windows key

    Anyone know how I can get my useless windows key to work (like it does in Windows)?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..
    I use that exact shortcut combination to popup the menu, when opening the Keyboard shortcuts look for the Panel option then Popup Launch Menu and add a combination as the alternative to the already existing ALT + F1 that is there. You could try using it as a single key but I recall having problems with it not wanting to add a single key it wanted combinations.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51
    Thanks for the replies...

    Though I think I have tried it that way before (unsuccessfully) some time ago, I'll give it another go (tonight, when I get home).

Similar Threads

  1. windows
    By fab1976 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:10 PM
  2. How to install WINDOWS 2000 besides LINUX and WINDOWS 98
    By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height picture

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height

$899.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895 picture

LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895

$77.97



Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J picture

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J

$70.00



2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3

$59.99