In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts
you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.
I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..
Anyone know how I can get my useless windows key to work (like it does in Windows)?
In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts
you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.
I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..
I use that exact shortcut combination to popup the menu, when opening the Keyboard shortcuts look for the Panel option then Popup Launch Menu and add a combination as the alternative to the already existing ALT + F1 that is there. You could try using it as a single key but I recall having problems with it not wanting to add a single key it wanted combinations.Originally Posted by eadz
Thanks for the replies...
Though I think I have tried it that way before (unsuccessfully) some time ago, I'll give it another go (tonight, when I get home).

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99