Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: windows key

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51

    windows key

    Anyone know how I can get my useless windows key to work (like it does in Windows)?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..
    I use that exact shortcut combination to popup the menu, when opening the Keyboard shortcuts look for the Panel option then Popup Launch Menu and add a combination as the alternative to the already existing ALT + F1 that is there. You could try using it as a single key but I recall having problems with it not wanting to add a single key it wanted combinations.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51
    Thanks for the replies...

    Though I think I have tried it that way before (unsuccessfully) some time ago, I'll give it another go (tonight, when I get home).

Similar Threads

  1. windows
    By fab1976 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:10 PM
  2. How to install WINDOWS 2000 besides LINUX and WINDOWS 98
    By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage LOT 1980s Rainbow Apple Computer Sticker/Decal - 21 picture

Vintage LOT 1980s Rainbow Apple Computer Sticker/Decal - 21

$49.99



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



11 Vintage Apple 3.5

11 Vintage Apple 3.5" Floppy Disc Label

$10.00



Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064

$199.99



Apple Computer cards  Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++  Vintage 1980's picture

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's

$169.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple picture

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple

$60.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested* picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*

$69.99