Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: windows key

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51

    windows key

    Anyone know how I can get my useless windows key to work (like it does in Windows)?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    In your KDE control panel under Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts

    you can use the windows key in combinations, e.g. Win+z.

    I'm not sure how to make it pop up the "start" menu like in windows..
    I use that exact shortcut combination to popup the menu, when opening the Keyboard shortcuts look for the Panel option then Popup Launch Menu and add a combination as the alternative to the already existing ALT + F1 that is there. You could try using it as a single key but I recall having problems with it not wanting to add a single key it wanted combinations.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51
    Thanks for the replies...

    Though I think I have tried it that way before (unsuccessfully) some time ago, I'll give it another go (tonight, when I get home).

Similar Threads

  1. windows
    By fab1976 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:10 PM
  2. How to install WINDOWS 2000 besides LINUX and WINDOWS 98
    By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly picture

BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly

$299.00