Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: QT Error compiling KBiff

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27

    QT Error compiling KBiff

    I would like to install KBiff and since I cann't find it prebuilt for Debian, I have downloaded the source and tried to compile, well, I didn't get further than configure... There is a problem with finding the QT version. I have tried to add all the fields but when I type:

    ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 -with-qt-libraries=/usr/share/qt3/lib

    I get the following error:

    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!


    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Tim

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: QT Error compiling KBiff

    Quote Originally Posted by timread
    I would like to install KBiff and since I cann't find it prebuilt for Debian, I have downloaded the source and tried to compile, well, I didn't get further than configure... There is a problem with finding the QT version. I have tried to add all the fields but when I type:

    ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 -with-qt-libraries=/usr/share/qt3/lib

    I get the following error:

    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!


    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Tim
    From the Debian KDE wiki so it looks like you should check to make sure you have both the required packages installed if you do you should visit the page and go to the suggested link.

    3) Other Questions:



    I can't compile KDE programs - it can't find Qt libraries.



    If you get an error about missing Qt libraries when compiling programs for KDE3 on Debian, try running configure with the following option:

    --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3




    If this still doesn't work, and you definately have kdelibs-dev and libqt3-compat-headers installed, try reading the "Qt-Trouble" document or asking on [email protected] for help.

Similar Threads

  1. Compiling?
    By Jameson in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
  2. Compiling
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 10:44 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 07:58 PM
  4. Error compiling cloop module
    By dafne in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 02:19 PM
  5. Error When Compiling KDELibs3.1
    By knopkop in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5in HDD, Low Power-On Hours picture

Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5in HDD, Low Power-On Hours

$49.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION* picture

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*

$319.79



Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5

Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive

$39.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99