-
Junior Member
registered user
3.2 works perfectly--3.3-2003-11-19 locks on boot
I have knoppix 3.2 on hard drive (hda2) and it works perfectly.
I downloaded knoppix 3.3-2003-11-19Beta and the MD5 checked OK. I made two copies
of the booting CD and both run perfectly in the CD mode as far as I can tell.
However, I've tried at least 8 times to install knoppix 3.3-2003-11-19 Beta on hda7
but the bootup locks and cannot be unlocked from the keyboard. Both of the 3.3 CDs produce
the same problem. It requires pressing the computer restart button to reboot the computer.
Each time I try to install on HD, the install seems OK (except that the installation
progress indicator seems to exit just before 100% is displayed--the "installation complete" notice
does display)..I use the same installation process that I used for version 3.2
When I try to boot, the process seems to proceed normally
(no sign of a problem) but then stops with the following.display
Cleaning: /tmp /vat/lock /var/run 4095Mb
blk: queue c0334b60,I/O limit (mask 0xffffffff)
blk: queue c0334ca8, I/O limit (mask 0xffffffff)
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekCompleteError}
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {DriveStatusError Bad CRC}
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekCompleteError}
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {DriveStatusError Bad CRC}
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekCompleteError}
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {DriveStatusError Bad CRC}
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekCompleteError}
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 {DriveStatusError Bad CRC}
The keyboard has no effect----the system is locked (with a blinking
cursor). I have to do a pushbutton restart..
Alas, I have no idea what to do....HELP!!!!
If there's something that has to be edited, I can run 3.2 to access and edit 3.3 .
Similar Threads
-
By black_out in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
-
By raydance in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By alex+ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By alex+ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 05:15 PM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung (8X32GB) 256GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$1649.99

16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99

G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95