-
I guess I wasn't clear enough in my questioning.
The PC connected to the internet normally runs w2k and is the server for the ICS for the windows 98 PC. (both PC's can use the same internet connection) When I'm running Knoppix (from CD!) on the w2k machine, there is NO more internet connection for the w98 PC.
I want the w98 machine to be able to use the internet connection, but since w2k isn't running, it's Knoppix that should do the job. The Knoppix (w2k) PC has 2 nic's: 1 for the internet connection (eth0) (sorry, I had this wrong in my 1st mail) and 1 for the connection with the w98 (eth1 with ip 192.168.0.1) The w98 PC has 1 nic. When w2k is running the w98 PC always gets it's IPassigned automatically 192.168.0.134 (I don't know why this is not 192.168.0.2 as I should expect but I'm absolutely not an expert in these things)
Similar Threads
-
By nteixeira in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 06:53 PM
-
By Skaman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By marcmdm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 03:01 PM
-
By linuxknewb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2i – i7‑1165G7 – 16GB – No SSD – No AC
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 512GB SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99