-
Junior Member
registered user
Total Newbie
OK, I've spent all day trying to get this thing to work. I really want to like Linux systems. They appear to be miles ahead of Windows.
I just installed Knoppix 3.3 11-19 version. I accidetally booted from the backup floppy I created when I did the initial install. It works fine, but it won't detect USB devices and I don't think I can do things I should. I restarted without the bootdisk and it displays "no operating system found." I partitioned the HD myself (probably problem #1) giving partition #1 to a Windows Fat 32 system. Partitions 2 and 3 are Linus root and swap respectively.
I've spent a considerable amount of time looking in the FAQ's, but can't seem to find the right questions.
Questions:
1) If I can boot without a disk, will my USB problem clear up?
2) How do I boot without a disk?
By disk I mean 3.5' floppy. I have the CD-Rom and can boot from that, but would rather have this Knoppix as my primary operating system.
Please have pity on a very first time Windows convert.
Dr. B
Similar Threads
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 11:01 AM
-
By swishsticks in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 06:08 PM
-
By liquid134 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 07:07 PM
-
By gizmo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By Preacher_mg in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99