Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: IntelliMouse Optical does not work on USB

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Austria, Europe
    Posts
    14

    IntelliMouse Optical does not work on USB

    Hi!
    I've got a problem with my Microsoft Intellimouse (as if Microsoft stuff would work properly immediately). If I plug it in on USB, Knoppix detects it and names it Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. Until here there's no problem, but as soon as I want to move he mouse, nothing happens. I've already encountered that problem on Mandrake Linux 9.1, and I don't know waht to do.
    Thank you very much for your help in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    CyberSmurf,

    I have a M$ ItelliMouse "Explorer" optical mouse, but I used the USB ---> Mini-Din thingy to plug it into my PS/2 port - works fine, I did have to go into Knoppix Control Panel and change the device from a Generic Three Button Mouse, to "close enough" M$ IntelliMouse w/ wheel - but it has always worked.

    Can you possibly test your mouse out and do the same? Use the USB/PS-2 converter that came with the mouse, and try it on your PS/2 port?

    Assuming that you have a PS/2 port, didn't think that maybe this system you are on could be a laptop, and I am not sure if laptops come with PS/2 ports. I guess my thinking on trying this out is, to see if Knoppix can use the same device, just on a different access point. If it works, maybe something to do with the USB, if it doesn't work, I'm lost, sorry

    I haven't tried anything on my Knoppix that is connected to my USB yet, even though I have a SanDisk Flash device hanging off a USB port currently, I have never tried using it yet.

    Just trying to help,
    Cuddles

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Austria, Europe
    Posts
    14
    Hi Cuddles,
    I'm running my mouse on the PS/2 port, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use it, and it's working fine.
    Other USB-devices like memory-sticks are working fine, but only the mouse does not. perhaps it is a driver problem.
    Anyway, thank you very much for your hint.

Similar Threads

  1. Vivanco optical PS/2 wheelmouse doesn't work (freezed)
    By olavi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 09:19 PM
  2. Optical mouse
    By dsatkhan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 03:36 PM
  3. Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer
    By Jaromba in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2003, 08:44 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:12 PM
  5. Wireless Intellimouse Explorer USB
    By trey in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99