-
Senior Member
registered user
Using X -query to setup a LAN
I'm having a problem with X -query - I can't get this to work at all.
If I knoppix-installer all 25 PCs in my classroom, I was thinking of adding X -query to /etc/rc.d/rc.local to automatically have my student's X-server boot to the "server's" X-server so they go directly to a login screen with their userids and /home dirs. Is there something else I have to initialize for this to work?
BTW, do I need to update /etc/hosts for X -query to work if I'm using raw ip addresses? What about X -broadcast?
Sorry I'm so clueless wrt setting up a LAN....
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By Chinmay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 01:04 AM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 12:50 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 03:08 AM
-
By hugge in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62