Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Knoppix with 2.6.0-test11, Initial success!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Knoppix with 2.6.0-test11, Initial success!

    Hey Knoppix hackers, I've resumed hacking away at my knoppix mod and have successfully booted the 2.6.0-test11 kernel. No, I didn't port cloop, I used squashfs instead.

    My knoppix system is going to need some more tweaking for the differences between 2.4 and 2.6, but the hard part (booting) is rapidly stabalizing. I'll post more details and maybe a mini howto when I get things past the alpha stage. I've done a lot of kludging with the busybox ash shell and the initial ramdisk to get things booting, so a lot of that will either need to get cleaned up or documented before it's useful to anyone else.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I haven't tried these, but Kano has put up 2.6 install scripts here:
    http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/

    Many more of his excellent scripts are here:
    http://kano.mipooh.net/

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    I haven't tried these, but Kano has put up 2.6 install scripts here:
    http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/

    Many more of his excellent scripts are here:
    http://kano.mipooh.net/
    That is helpful, but those scripts seem to be for using the kernel with a hd-installed Knoppix. I got the actual CD booting with a 2.6 kernel.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    That is what I am more interested in as well. Booting the CD with 2.6.0.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    That is what I am more interested in as well. Booting the CD with 2.6.0.
    I was successful. You can see my work at http://sourceforge.net/projects/knoppixmame

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    33
    Great job man,i started download your iso,now.Congratulations

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    33
    Hey drfreak,lots thanks basead in your KnoppiXmame,Kanotix and Kurumin from Brazil i was successful in my own bootable cd with kernel 2.61bk1,kde in mini-cd of 200mb!!!Sound,video,adsl are ok running from cd and after hdinstall

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hi! Can you help me with this things?? I have already remastered my Knoppix a little bit. But I have problems with the new 2.6.1 Kernel.
    Please can anyone, who has success with it, write a mini howto ??

    regards zanshinx

    p.s.: please excuse my bad english

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    Hey Prometeus

    Can we get a link to your 200mb iso?

Similar Threads

  1. AOL & Knoppix == success!!!
    By mabhatter in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM
  2. Boot Knoppix 3.6 from USB key - How To (Success!)
    By mlap in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 09:21 AM
  3. Anyone had success with Knoppix and Madwifi?
    By MaldiGola in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
  4. Knoppix STD initial boot seems to have destroyed my monitor
    By DeadMonitor in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:41 AM
  5. Knoppix success story...
    By dvessey in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB  SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)

$138.56