I haven't tried these, but Kano has put up 2.6 install scripts here:
http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/
Many more of his excellent scripts are here:
http://kano.mipooh.net/
Hey Knoppix hackers, I've resumed hacking away at my knoppix mod and have successfully booted the 2.6.0-test11 kernel. No, I didn't port cloop, I used squashfs instead.
My knoppix system is going to need some more tweaking for the differences between 2.4 and 2.6, but the hard part (booting) is rapidly stabalizing. I'll post more details and maybe a mini howto when I get things past the alpha stage. I've done a lot of kludging with the busybox ash shell and the initial ramdisk to get things booting, so a lot of that will either need to get cleaned up or documented before it's useful to anyone else.
I haven't tried these, but Kano has put up 2.6 install scripts here:
http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/
Many more of his excellent scripts are here:
http://kano.mipooh.net/
That is helpful, but those scripts seem to be for using the kernel with a hd-installed Knoppix. I got the actual CD booting with a 2.6 kernel.Originally Posted by aay
![]()
That is what I am more interested in as well. Booting the CD with 2.6.0.
I was successful. You can see my work at http://sourceforge.net/projects/knoppixmameOriginally Posted by arkaine23
Great job man,i started download your iso,now.Congratulations
Hey drfreak,lots thanks basead in your KnoppiXmame,Kanotix and Kurumin from Brazil i was successful in my own bootable cd with kernel 2.61bk1,kde in mini-cd of 200mb!!!Sound,video,adsl are ok running from cd and after hdinstall
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Hi! Can you help me with this things?? I have already remastered my Knoppix a little bit. But I have problems with the new 2.6.1 Kernel.
Please can anyone, who has success with it, write a mini howto ??
regards zanshinx
p.s.: please excuse my bad english
Can we get a link to your 200mb iso?

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99