I have recently acquired KnoppixV3.3-2003-11-19.EN and burned
to a CD. I tried to use its default boot on a dual boot system with
Win98 and Slackware 9.0 aboard. It would not boot into KDE but
I could use the console mode (Knoppix 2).
I wanted to use it to access and correct problems with ReiserFS
which was preventing me from booting into Linux although I could
still boot into Win98 with LILO.
It turns out that the harddisk has probably developed some bad
blocks which ReiserFS cannot handle. This is apparently causing the
boot problem as well as the inability to mount my Linux partition
within Knoppix.
Is it likely that this situation is preventing the KDE interface from
starting properly?
I have followed the procedure Ctrl-Alt-F1 to see if I can see what
the exact cause of the hang is but the only thing that appears on
the console is:
X11 Starting....
Note: The system boots properly into KDE on another dual boot machine
with a properly functioning Reiser filesystem.

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga BASIC Spiral-Bound Manual Book, English, For Amiga Desktop Computer
$30.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
commodore amiga 500 computer, New in box. Only opened for pictures
$1300.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95
68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter
$25.00