-
Can't boot 3.3 into KDE
I have recently acquired KnoppixV3.3-2003-11-19.EN and burned
to a CD. I tried to use its default boot on a dual boot system with
Win98 and Slackware 9.0 aboard. It would not boot into KDE but
I could use the console mode (Knoppix 2).
I wanted to use it to access and correct problems with ReiserFS
which was preventing me from booting into Linux although I could
still boot into Win98 with LILO.
It turns out that the harddisk has probably developed some bad
blocks which ReiserFS cannot handle. This is apparently causing the
boot problem as well as the inability to mount my Linux partition
within Knoppix.
Is it likely that this situation is preventing the KDE interface from
starting properly?
I have followed the procedure Ctrl-Alt-F1 to see if I can see what
the exact cause of the hang is but the only thing that appears on
the console is:
X11 Starting....
Note: The system boots properly into KDE on another dual boot machine
with a properly functioning Reiser filesystem.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(32GB x8) 256GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88