-
Newbie (sorry lol)
I'm rather new to linux yatta yatta yatta...
I tried Knoppix, seemed pretty cool, smaller than RedHat and just as easy if not easier to use.
Anywho, here's my problem (I've gone and made things complicated I think).
1) I installed RedHat 8 earlier and installed GRUB with it, but RedHat didn't recognize my nForce2 onboard Video and so I wasn't happy. I tried Knoppix, it loaded well so I decided to do a harddrive install of it. However the partition GRUB was installed onto (I'm assuming there's only a 'link' to GRUBs location in the MBR and not the whole program) was reformatted. So now when I boot up I just see "GRUB" appear on the screen and nothing else. So I guess my question is, how do I fix this? how can I install GRUB and have it show both Windows and Knoppix?
2) This is more of a hardware based question, but instead of starting two threads I figured it'd be safe to just add on. As stated above I have an nForce2 chipset, and I've read/heard that it's not widely supported in Linux. Anyway I can't get my Network card to work. I've glanced at a few threads about it but most didn't seem to help, and I think most were refering to Rev 3.2, and I think I'm on 3.3. I'm not sure how big a difference there is, or what extra is included, but I thought it worth mentioning.
So in short, I would like to know how to install and configure GRUB, and how to get drivers that work for my NIC.
Thanks ^_^
Similar Threads
-
By ceviz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 02:24 AM
-
By hitokiri007 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 07:56 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By KH in forum The Lounge
Replies: 31
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 08:26 AM
-
By dichiam120 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T307U 8.4" Tablet (Gray 32GB) T-Mobile CRACKED
$31.38

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung 4 X 4GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA SO-DIMM Laptop Memory M471A5244CB0-CWE
$80.00

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00