My 490 CDT uses either the sb driver or the opl3sa2. I don't know if this will work fo you but it's worth a shot.
sudo modprobe sb irq=5
I'm trying to get sound running on my Toshiba 480cdt laptop.
I can run sndconfig, but when i chose "Windows Sound System", i get a "Segmentation Fault" error message and sndconfig quits.
I've baisically found 3 webpages all agreeing that this is the way to set up this particular sound card on this laptop, but it's not working for me. Links from google.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...toshiba+480cdt
esp this one
http://www.grangefarm.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/480cdt.html
Any ideas?
My 490 CDT uses either the sb driver or the opl3sa2. I don't know if this will work fo you but it's worth a shot.
sudo modprobe sb irq=5
If it uses the opl3sa2 this thread may be helpful.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403
$60.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00