-
recommend external 56k modem?
Can someone recommend a good linux compatible, external 56k serial modem? I just ordered knoppix 3.3 and mandrake 9.2. I'm looking for something that will work straight from the box.
I bought a "Creative modem Blaster" this past spring, from "Worst Buy" and the stupid thing wigged out on me within two months. Now I'm out $89 and I doubt it's possible to fix it.
I found this link and I was looking at the "CenDyne 56K V.92 External Serial Modem ." I can't buy anything more expensive, not that it would really be any better, at the moment.
Any thoughts?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Any external serial modem is Linux compatible. Buy the cheapest oem clone you can find; you will have a one-year warranty from your supplier. They are all mass-produced; some are branded and sell for three times more. If they are going to fail, they usually fail within a few weeks/months. Be sure to protect against surges and lightning strikes.
OB.
-
US Robotics Sportster. Infallible.
-
hi,
I buyed this:
http://www.linuxmall.com.br/cart/?pa...084ff05c53cd6a
the modem is a very good 
but the price is a very high
-
Guess I never put the link in! Oh, well.
Here it is if anyone was interested: http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=MDM"
Thanks for the info.
Not that it's related but.....
I just got my iomega zip drive to work under knop 3.1, woohooo!
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By DavidTempler in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 07:15 PM
-
By DavidTempler in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:27 AM
-
By sopo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99