-
recommend external 56k modem?
Can someone recommend a good linux compatible, external 56k serial modem? I just ordered knoppix 3.3 and mandrake 9.2. I'm looking for something that will work straight from the box.
I bought a "Creative modem Blaster" this past spring, from "Worst Buy" and the stupid thing wigged out on me within two months. Now I'm out $89 and I doubt it's possible to fix it.
I found this link and I was looking at the "CenDyne 56K V.92 External Serial Modem ." I can't buy anything more expensive, not that it would really be any better, at the moment.
Any thoughts?
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By DavidTempler in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 07:15 PM
-
By DavidTempler in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:27 AM
-
By sopo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99