-
Newbie wants to get online
I've never touched Linux before, but I've of course heard tons about how its better than Windows, both by credible sources and by rabid zealots. Well, I found out about Knoppix not long ago, and figured I should try it, seeing as how it's small and portable and won't mess up my computer. I downloaded, burned, and booted Knoppix, and everything went fine. However, I have no idea how to get online with it.
I have a D-Link DWL-520+ wireless PCI adapter installed in this computer and a D-Link router downstairs (can't remember model number, sorry). Is there a simple guide to getting online under these circumstances, or can somebody help me with this?
Similar Threads
-
By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
-
By oc in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM
-
By Birdie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 12:22 PM
-
By cowmamba in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 07:44 PM
-
By Firstimer in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP Phone T85W
$153.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP
$800.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95