-
Newbie wants to get online
I've never touched Linux before, but I've of course heard tons about how its better than Windows, both by credible sources and by rabid zealots. Well, I found out about Knoppix not long ago, and figured I should try it, seeing as how it's small and portable and won't mess up my computer. I downloaded, burned, and booted Knoppix, and everything went fine. However, I have no idea how to get online with it.
I have a D-Link DWL-520+ wireless PCI adapter installed in this computer and a D-Link router downstairs (can't remember model number, sorry). Is there a simple guide to getting online under these circumstances, or can somebody help me with this?
Similar Threads
-
By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
-
By oc in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM
-
By Birdie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 12:22 PM
-
By cowmamba in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 07:44 PM
-
By Firstimer in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Kensington Orbit 64226 Ergonomic Trackball Mouse HTB 164 Tested Working
$23.75

Vintage Mac System 7 Personal Upgrade Kit Apple Software 3.5” Floppy
$29.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00