-
Knoppix 3.3 on a Windows network
Hi all,
This question might not only pertain to Knoppix per se. I have an office PC and a portable PC. On both the ethernet card works fine under Knoppix (or any other flavor of Linux) as DHCP clients. BUT, when I try to connect to the work network as a DHCP client (it is configured this way in Windows 2000 and XP clients connecting to the work network) then I cannot establish a DHCP connection no matter what version of Linux (or Knoppix) I use. I rename my Linux machine to have the same name as the PC has when booted under XP or 2000. I have even tried to give it the Windows username as machine name and client name when configuring the DHCP setup, but still no luck. I can see the activitiy on the connection as the PC and the DHCP server talk to each other, but my Linux box is not accepted as a client. Is there something else I can try?
Thanks 1e6 times in advance.
l8r
fermier
Similar Threads
-
By Guider in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 07:46 AM
-
By archiebald in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
-
By adrianmak in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 04:27 AM
-
By MeSo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By ssnow in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

GIGABYTE X570 UD AM4 motherboard +AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU+Cooler
$250.00

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99