You have to configure the ISA server.
Hi all,
This question might not only pertain to Knoppix per se. I have an office PC and a portable PC. On both the ethernet card works fine under Knoppix (or any other flavor of Linux) as DHCP clients. BUT, when I try to connect to the work network as a DHCP client (it is configured this way in Windows 2000 and XP clients connecting to the work network) then I cannot establish a DHCP connection no matter what version of Linux (or Knoppix) I use. I rename my Linux machine to have the same name as the PC has when booted under XP or 2000. I have even tried to give it the Windows username as machine name and client name when configuring the DHCP setup, but still no luck. I can see the activitiy on the connection as the PC and the DHCP server talk to each other, but my Linux box is not accepted as a client. Is there something else I can try?
Thanks 1e6 times in advance.
l8r
fermier
You have to configure the ISA server.
Forgive my ignorance, but in my youth ISA meant the ISA bus, this cannot be your meaning here, so may I ask what is the ISA server?Originally Posted by pnti

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95