You have to configure the ISA server.
Hi all,
This question might not only pertain to Knoppix per se. I have an office PC and a portable PC. On both the ethernet card works fine under Knoppix (or any other flavor of Linux) as DHCP clients. BUT, when I try to connect to the work network as a DHCP client (it is configured this way in Windows 2000 and XP clients connecting to the work network) then I cannot establish a DHCP connection no matter what version of Linux (or Knoppix) I use. I rename my Linux machine to have the same name as the PC has when booted under XP or 2000. I have even tried to give it the Windows username as machine name and client name when configuring the DHCP setup, but still no luck. I can see the activitiy on the connection as the PC and the DHCP server talk to each other, but my Linux box is not accepted as a client. Is there something else I can try?
Thanks 1e6 times in advance.
l8r
fermier
You have to configure the ISA server.
Forgive my ignorance, but in my youth ISA meant the ISA bus, this cannot be your meaning here, so may I ask what is the ISA server?Originally Posted by pnti

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max Router - 5x 2.5GbE - IDS/IPS 2.3 Gbps - UXG-Max
$180.00
ULTIMATE ARCH LINUX BOOTABLE USB/DVD INSTALLER 64-BIT - CHOOSE BUILD - PC/MAC
$4.99
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
CHEECENT CR202 WiFi USB Print Server 2-Port for Windows, Mac, Linux
$64.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99