Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 on a Windows network

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ferney-Voltaire
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix 3.3 on a Windows network

    Hi all,

    This question might not only pertain to Knoppix per se. I have an office PC and a portable PC. On both the ethernet card works fine under Knoppix (or any other flavor of Linux) as DHCP clients. BUT, when I try to connect to the work network as a DHCP client (it is configured this way in Windows 2000 and XP clients connecting to the work network) then I cannot establish a DHCP connection no matter what version of Linux (or Knoppix) I use. I rename my Linux machine to have the same name as the PC has when booted under XP or 2000. I have even tried to give it the Windows username as machine name and client name when configuring the DHCP setup, but still no luck. I can see the activitiy on the connection as the PC and the DHCP server talk to each other, but my Linux box is not accepted as a client. Is there something else I can try?

    Thanks 1e6 times in advance.

    l8r
    fermier

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland.
    Posts
    55
    You have to configure the ISA server.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ferney-Voltaire
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pnti
    You have to configure the ISA server.
    Forgive my ignorance, but in my youth ISA meant the ISA bus, this cannot be your meaning here, so may I ask what is the ISA server?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix, network, windows, switch
    By Guider in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 07:46 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
  3. network boot knoppix iso image from a ms windows server
    By adrianmak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 04:27 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
  5. Windows and knoppix network
    By ssnow in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02) picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02)

$9.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Mellanox 655874-B21  655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678 picture

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678

$13.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09