You have to configure the ISA server.
Hi all,
This question might not only pertain to Knoppix per se. I have an office PC and a portable PC. On both the ethernet card works fine under Knoppix (or any other flavor of Linux) as DHCP clients. BUT, when I try to connect to the work network as a DHCP client (it is configured this way in Windows 2000 and XP clients connecting to the work network) then I cannot establish a DHCP connection no matter what version of Linux (or Knoppix) I use. I rename my Linux machine to have the same name as the PC has when booted under XP or 2000. I have even tried to give it the Windows username as machine name and client name when configuring the DHCP setup, but still no luck. I can see the activitiy on the connection as the PC and the DHCP server talk to each other, but my Linux box is not accepted as a client. Is there something else I can try?
Thanks 1e6 times in advance.
l8r
fermier
You have to configure the ISA server.
Forgive my ignorance, but in my youth ISA meant the ISA bus, this cannot be your meaning here, so may I ask what is the ISA server?Originally Posted by pnti

49 UCS-MR-1X162RZ-A Samsung 16gb 2RX4 PC3-14900R DDR3 ECC Registered Server Ram
$800.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
SK hynix 16GB PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin
$65.00
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95
Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu
$399.95
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$144.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95