-
Senior Member
registered user
Please Help SOMEONE...
This problem is still happening.
I lost my Config File, and trashed my Persistant Home Directory.
I deleted the above two things, then created a SWAP File on my HDD, with Persistant Home and Config Files -=- AGAIN.
I haven't had the chance to re-install the Printer and the Print Server that crashed and had the errors on previous POST.
I am also attempting to isolate where the problem crashes the system at.
I can run KDE and the KDE System Guard for days, without a crash.
I can run the above AND the Penguin Solitaire game, without a crash.
I have run the KDE and the KDE System Guard, with the XMMS playing a CD Audio Disc, without the Open GL (fancy graphic display) - and it doesn't seem to crash...
I had the problem before when I had the KDE, KDE System Guard, the CUPS print server, the XMMS and Open GL display playing the same CD Audio Disc, and the Penguin Solitaire - am I aksing too much from Knoppix/Debian with a 320 Meg RAM, 24 gig free space HDD, and a 433 Mhz Celeron???? Will this get BETTER with my new 1.7 Ghz 512 Meg RAM system???
Someone, Please, HELP (this is starting to feel like SHELF-WARE if answers are not found - though I'd hate it to happen - I love this OS - but not at the price of system crashes when I run a system with services that I need. This isn't even adding in the ISP Internet yet.)
Thanks in advance,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By PsaltyDS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:58 PM
-
By packard in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 07:38 AM
-
By mconzo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By hapbt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

4 Rare Vintage S-100 Video Boards
$595.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

1997 Apple MacAdvocate CD-ROM NEW SEALED Unopened Vintage Macintosh L02177A
$19.99

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Lot of 3 Vintage IDE PATA Optical Drives CD-ROM CD-RW DVD-RW Windows 98 XP Untes
$39.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

NEW StarTech ATXPOWER250 250W ATX PC Power Supply Vintage Pentium II III AMD K6
$94.98