-
Senior Member
registered user
Please Help SOMEONE...
This problem is still happening.
I lost my Config File, and trashed my Persistant Home Directory.
I deleted the above two things, then created a SWAP File on my HDD, with Persistant Home and Config Files -=- AGAIN.
I haven't had the chance to re-install the Printer and the Print Server that crashed and had the errors on previous POST.
I am also attempting to isolate where the problem crashes the system at.
I can run KDE and the KDE System Guard for days, without a crash.
I can run the above AND the Penguin Solitaire game, without a crash.
I have run the KDE and the KDE System Guard, with the XMMS playing a CD Audio Disc, without the Open GL (fancy graphic display) - and it doesn't seem to crash...
I had the problem before when I had the KDE, KDE System Guard, the CUPS print server, the XMMS and Open GL display playing the same CD Audio Disc, and the Penguin Solitaire - am I aksing too much from Knoppix/Debian with a 320 Meg RAM, 24 gig free space HDD, and a 433 Mhz Celeron???? Will this get BETTER with my new 1.7 Ghz 512 Meg RAM system???
Someone, Please, HELP (this is starting to feel like SHELF-WARE if answers are not found - though I'd hate it to happen - I love this OS - but not at the price of system crashes when I run a system with services that I need. This isn't even adding in the ISP Internet yet.)
Thanks in advance,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By PsaltyDS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:58 PM
-
By packard in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 07:38 AM
-
By mconzo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By hapbt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON
$99.95

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99