-
usb printer
I just bought a new usb printer( HO photosmart 7655) and installed it under windows.
When i run knoppix 3.2 from CD the printer is recogniced and installed correctly,
but when I start knoppix from HD and run KDEs printerwizard , the printer is not seen and can't be installed.
When I ran usbview the printer is seen correctly.
I saved printerconfig from when I ran knoppix from CD, how can I use this to
install printer on hd?
How do I find out at which device the printer is located?
I tried also with CUPS (localhost:631) to install printer ,but no luck either,(/dev/usb/lp0 no such device)
Can anybody give some advice.
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By cherry in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:34 PM
-
By cherry in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 07:33 PM
-
By batteryman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY
$44.54