-
Can't boot 3.3 into KDE
I have recently acquired KnoppixV3.3-2003-11-19.EN and burned
to a CD. I tried to use its default boot on a dual boot system with
Win98 and Slackware 9.0 aboard. It would not boot into KDE but
I could use the console mode (Knoppix 2).
I wanted to use it to access and correct problems with ReiserFS
which was preventing me from booting into Linux although I could
still boot into Win98 with LILO.
It turns out that the harddisk has probably developed some bad
blocks which ReiserFS cannot handle. This is apparently causing the
boot problem as well as the inability to mount my Linux partition
within Knoppix.
Is it likely that this situation is preventing the KDE interface from
starting properly?
I have followed the procedure Ctrl-Alt-F1 to see if I can see what
the exact cause of the hang is but the only thing that appears on
the console is:
X11 Starting....
Note: The system boots properly into KDE on another dual boot machine
with a properly functioning Reiser filesystem.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00