-
Can't boot 3.3 into KDE
I have recently acquired KnoppixV3.3-2003-11-19.EN and burned
to a CD. I tried to use its default boot on a dual boot system with
Win98 and Slackware 9.0 aboard. It would not boot into KDE but
I could use the console mode (Knoppix 2).
I wanted to use it to access and correct problems with ReiserFS
which was preventing me from booting into Linux although I could
still boot into Win98 with LILO.
It turns out that the harddisk has probably developed some bad
blocks which ReiserFS cannot handle. This is apparently causing the
boot problem as well as the inability to mount my Linux partition
within Knoppix.
Is it likely that this situation is preventing the KDE interface from
starting properly?
I have followed the procedure Ctrl-Alt-F1 to see if I can see what
the exact cause of the hang is but the only thing that appears on
the console is:
X11 Starting....
Note: The system boots properly into KDE on another dual boot machine
with a properly functioning Reiser filesystem.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2620 64GB RAM 10GbE
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00