Perhaps start with comparing the output of "ifconfig" and "netstat -r" under both OS's....
I've just done a HD install of 3.3 (11/19/03). It's on hdb2, a Maxtor 40 Gb 7200 rpm hard drive; on hda1 I have an install of Libranet 2.8.1 I use a US Robotics 56k Sportster external modem to connect, and it works perfectly in Libranet. However, when I set it up using pppconfig in my Knoppix install, it dials out, and by the appearence of the LED's it connects, but when I ping my ISP, I get a message (paraphrase) "5 packets sent, 0 packets recieved". I used pppconfig in Libranet and it set up with no problem; the configuration looks the same. Any ideas?
Perhaps start with comparing the output of "ifconfig" and "netstat -r" under both OS's....

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
$200.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Protectli Vault FW4C 4 Port Firewall Mini PC 8GB 120GB SSD
$300.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99